Community Support Specialist
Reports To: Community Support Manager
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
It’s an exciting time to join the Cincinnati Animal CARE team! Cincinnati Animal CARE is the new county Humane Society in Hamilton County and with this change in operational leadership comes the opportunity to be part of a new beginning in Greater Cincinnati animal services.
The goal of this department is to keep pets with their families through support intervention and proactive community-based programming. Our Community Support Specialists quickly form relationships with pet owners and act as caseworkers, piecing together the best solution for each individual family whether that be pet surrender, alternatives to intake or pet retention with support. Additionally, our Community Support Specialists work with our Dog Wardens to intake stray dogs per our contract with Hamilton County.
We believe people are the answer, not the problem so we are looking for candidates with equal passion for animals and people in their community. The Community Support Specialist will report to the Community Support Manager.
A successful candidate must demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Sense of urgency
- Positive and h2 communication skills
- Problem-solving mentality
- Cooperative and collaborative
- h2 customer service skills
- Show an attention to detail
- Phone consultations with the public
- In-person consultations with the public
- Data entry
- Vaccinating animals
- Taking pictures of animals
- Off-site community events
- Off-site door-to-door community engagement
- Balancing cash registers
- General cleaning
- A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of animal husbandry/care experience and/or customer service experience
- Comfortable with all sizes, breeds and species of animals
- Ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Possess h2 and empathetic communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive issues
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to restrain animals
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Positions within this classification may require a valid Ohio driver’s licenseh2 data entry skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift at least 30lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposure to unvetted animals is frequent; basic knowledge of animal behavior and common sense is needed.
Cincinnati Animal CARE provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Full-time and part-time considered
From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability