BASIC FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the Dog Care Manager, the Dog Care
Supervisor is responsible for implementing progressive programming while fulfilling Cincinnati
Animal CARE’s commitment to lifesaving and public safety. Key responsibilities include assisting
the Dog Care Manager in overseeing dog care, flow from intake to outcomes, and running
regular playgroups. Cincinnati Animal CARE expects all employees to observe and develop our
core values of: Exceed Expectations, Hustle, Try Me, Not Why Me, Do the Right Thing, Get
Comfortable being Uncomfortable, Hit the Books, Think like Customers, Act like Owners, We’re
in this Together, We, not Me, Embrace Change, Honesty by the Boatload, Focus on the Bright
Side, Be a Hand Raiser not a Finger Pointer, Think Big, I Feel You, Man and Have Fun,
● Ensure Dog Care staff are maintaining high levels of cleaning, feeding and customer service.
● Coordinate Dog Care Staff daily assignments including morning cleaning and afternoon
Coordinator to implement personalized enrichment plans.
● Assist with the transport of dogs to rescue or medical appointments as needed.
● Assist with cleaning, feeding and adoption meet and greets as needed.
● Assist with training of new Dog Care staff.
● Assist with the ongoing training and professional development of current Dog Care staff.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
● High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
● 2-3 years of experience in supervisory roles in any industry.
● Experience running successful playgroup programming.
● Experience working or volunteering in an animal shelter or rescue organization for at least one
year is preferred.
● Any combination of training and experience which demonstrates successful animal handling
● Exceptional customer service ability
● Possession of a valid driver’s license and safe driving record acceptable to the CAC insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, high noise levels, extreme nimal
CARE is an at will employer. The job description duties may be changed at the discretion of
Cincinnati Animal CARE and/or Cincinnati Animal CARE may request the employee to perform
duties that are not listed on the job description.
Job Type: Full-time temperatures, hazardous chemicals, and sharp objects. Able to lift up to 50
lbs,. Long periods of standing, bending, stooping, reaching, animal handling, and restraint in an
animal shelter setting. Exposure to animals of all sizes and temperament.
This job description is not a contract between Cincinnati Animal CARE and the employee.
Salary: $18.00 per hour
● 401(k) matching
● Dental insurance
● Employee assistance program
● Health insurance
● Health savings account
● Life insurance
● Paid time off
● Retirement plan
● Vision insurance
● 8 hour shift
● Day shift
● Evening shift
● Monday to Friday
● Weekend availability
Work Location: In person